It’s been a cold, cold few weeks here in Upstate New York…I mean REALLY cold! Here is the view of the back yard….it’s a winter wonderland out there! No kickball for me today…I’m just too sick. Damn sore throat just won’t go away. A perfect day to catch up on some blogging!
After looking out at all the snow, I suddenly got a great idea. Every now and then I get an incredible urge to dress my dog up in human clothes. It is an urge I simply cannot control! I’m not sure, but I think Paco enjoys it too. He’s such a good baby. Paco’s ready for a snow day! Tell me this doesn’t make you a little giddy inside!
Last night I decided it’s time to do a little organizing. Does anyone else’s craft area look like THIS?
As you can see I have taken over the basement. This is only one corner…it actually extends around much of the perimeter. It’s nice because I don’t have to worry about being neat, as I would if I were upstairs. However, lately, it has gotten a little out of control. After a few hours of unpacking boxes and bags, cleaning, and organizing….it now looks like this! Please ignore the messy carpet…my last job is to vacuum!
A freshly covered crafting table is so….satisfying. It makes me wanna make something!
I organized the supplies I have gotten over the last few months into bins of future projects.
1. Old Christmas bulbs: to be painted with sparkly modge podge to use as jar/bowl fillers and ornaments.
2. Large metal jingle bells: to be spray painted barn red, forest green, and possibly Americana blue, to be hung with homespun!
3. Wooden discs and mini wooden clothespins: to be spray painted white and made into snowman face pins, magnets, and clips. Some of my best sellers at the show this past Christmas! Thinking about giving gingerbread men another try too.
4. Electric tea lights: to be grubbed up with texture fierro!
5. Night lights: to be disassembled, bulbs dipped in silicone and turned into country night lights.
So, moving onto the great stuff I acquired over last weekend while I was visiting home! I have to say thank you to my mom’s friend Beth, for sending over a huge box of antique and folk-art style goodies for me to have. THANK YOU BETH! It’s so very thoughtful of you!!! I LOOOOOVE everything!!! Here are a few of my favorites out the box!
This antique Santa is my favorite new Christmas decoration!
Here he is lit up!
This has to be my favorite primitive witch ever! My mom tried to confiscate it, but I wasn’t letting her go! Nice try Cath!
Look at the awesome details in the face, shoes, and pumpkin she is carrying!
This great Americana piece is so charming…
Check out this facial detail. I think it’s such a wonderful piece of folk art.
I don’t think I can sell these items…I adore them too much. Thanks again Beth!
That’s all for now. Check back again soon! I have been working on some new sets of marble magnets using some slightly different supplies which I need to photograph still. I’ll get em up real soon. Have a great weekend ya’ll!